According to Besthealthmag.ca, “Antigravity yoga is a new kind of workout invented by aerial performer Christopher Harrison—a former gymnast and Broadway choreographer. It involves performing a series of exercises inspired by yoga, Pilates, calisthenics and aerial acrobatics in a hammock-like apparatus, in order to achieve a total-body workout”.
Five Benefits of Going to Aerial Yoga Classes
There are a number of aerial yoga benefits that you can learn in attending aerial yoga class. Here are some of those:
1. Total Body Workout. Due to the nature of aerial yoga movements, almost all the body parts are forced to move and stretch. Through this, toning and redefining of the muscles, regenerating and strengthening of the joints are happening during the workout. This workout is even used for physical rehabilitation. Decompression of the spine is one of its main features.
2. Inner body reactivation. The sweat that you produce during aerial yoga has a lot of benefits in the internal body’s regulatory functioning. The circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems are reactivated through blood circulation. Through this, you also boost your mental abilities, regenerating and relaxing your mind, and nourishing your skin. It also strengthens the neural connections related to memory and intelligence.
3. Psychologically beneficial. Just like almost any other workout, aerial yoga helps rebuild your emotional system because it relieves you from stress. It also helps you combat stress whenever you’re in the outside world.
4. Develop new body skills. Because of the new and improved movements involved in the workout, you learn to develop body skills that you may not be able to do in regular yoga.
5. Spiritually uplifting. The spiritual benefits of aerial yoga are undeniable. It increases your creativity which leads you to develop your own artistic skills. You also get to experience more joy and optimism.
Some Key Points to Remember in an Aerial Yoga Class
According to Inshapeladiesfitness.com, these are the important things you need to remember in performing aerial yoga: